Monday 3 March 2014

My Equestrian Wish List!

School has been crazy, but really what else is new? Regardless, here is probably my first "blog" post! I thought it was fitting to do my "equestrian wish list"! These are just a few (key word "few"- the list of things I want is seriously endless) things I really have my eye on and hopefully will save up in the near future to get. Links to websites to purchase all these wonderful items are provided. Enjoy!

Butet Premium Jumping Saddle
Behold... the object that is the cause of my sheer joy and drool over its beauty every time I venture into the tack shop. First off, I love Butet saddles. Although I do not have one of my own, I consistently try them out at shows and talk to the rep at the booth at horse shows. They are seriously not only beautiful to look at, and beautifully made, but so comfortable. This model is no exception, and is my favourite out of all the saddles they make. The look is simple and classic, with a subtle twist with the unique stitching on the flap. Just perfect.

Wildkart Jin Stirrups
These stirrups are probably at the top of my "must buy" list. In my search for new stirrups, I wanted something with a traditional look, but with a that little something extra in terms of looks. As well, due to some my mild knee problems a wide footbed was something I am also interested in. The Jin Stirrups fit the bill. After checking them out in the store, I can say I want them even more. They are not too lightweight, but not too heavy at the same time- I would say a perfect weight. The design is sleek and modern, yet traditional as well. And also, they come is tons of different colours! Bright blue or hot pink stirrups anyone? For me, I'll be sticking to the traditional sliver, but everything about these stirrups screams perfection. I know what I'm saving up for next. 


Spooks Riding Show JacketI've been on the hunt for a new show jacket for years, it's been hard finding one that is slim enough, and fits my incredibly long and thin arms (I obviously don't work out enough), but after trying on this show jacket at the Spooks booth at the Royal Winter Fair this past fall, I am 100% sold. The first thing I noticed was the material, I was amazingly well made and super comfortable. I loved the tailored fit of the jacket, it is perfect made for us skinny people. And the best thing? It fit my arms perfectly- no ugly loose fabric. I even had two ladies stop in their tracks while walking by as I was standing in the mirror with it on! But seriously, this jacket is perfection. It fit me great in every way possible. I'm thinking it will have to be my next birthday present for sure! I can't wait to get my hands on one of my own!
Back On Track All Purpose Saddle Pad
I've always been interested in Back On Track products, and I've heard more than enough positive reviews to push my interest even further and think about trying their stuff out for myself. Although I would love to spoil Niall's with one of their mesh sheets, their saddle pads are at a price that is a bit more friendly to my wallet. Because Niall's sometimes moves a bit short, especially in winter, I would think that the technology Back On Track uses in their products would be great to try with her. I was told though, to try and wash these things as least as you can, as the ceramic powder in their products that makes them work does eventually weaken over an extended period of time. So the solution? The the black! Less washes and less visible dirt! Combine that with a happy horse, and I'm all in for adding one more to my already pretty ridiculous collection of saddle pads. 
Struck Apparel Breeches
Move over Tailored Sportsman, because you may have a new neighbour joining you in my closet- Struck breeches. When I first saw Struck breeches at the Royal Winter Fair the first thing I thought was "Oh my god these are so cool." Not only are these amazing quality, but they are customizable! I unfortunately did not try on a pair at the RWF but I am planning to this summer. Horse show vendor BlueBerry Hill sells them and I can't wait to test them out myself! 


Tailored Sportsman Ice Fill Shirt
I've been looking for Ice Fill shirts for a while now, but honestly can't justify spending upwards of $100 on one, but now here comes along Tailored Sportsman, and this shirt is exactly what I want! These shirts are awesome, and keep you cool on those hot summer days at the barn or show. I love the blue, and navy, along with classic white. 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment